PhD Call for proposals 2021
Within the framework of the Institutes and Initiatives of the Alliance Sorbonne University (ASU), a campaign to award doctoral contracts financed by the Initiative of Excellence (Idex) has been launched in January 2021. The ASU promotes interdisciplinary research and the structuring of training through research with the Sorbonne University Institutes and Initiatives.
Faculty and researchers from Alliance Sorbonne Université are invited to submit their proposals
- A call for doctoral research projects is launched among researchers and lecturers at the ASU.
- The doctoral research projects, first validated by the doctoral schools, are then submitted to a committee chaired by the Director of the Institute.
- The projects preselected by this committee are published on the Sorbonne Université website (doctoral section) and on the doctoral schools’ websites.
- Students send their applications to the project leaders, who will be in charge to select one student for her/his project. Students will then be auditioned by the committee.
- Selected candidates will be awarded a doctoral contract after the interview.
Until 20/02/21: Researchers submit proposals to doctoral schools
Until 03/03/20: Validation by doctoral schools
Until 19/03/21: Pre-selection of projects
Until 03/05/21: Submission of student applications
Until 21/05/21: Audition of candidates
- Text of the Call for proposal (PDF in french)
- Template for Proposals (Word)
- More information on SU web site
Hearings of the candidates (May 11, 2021)
- 09:00 – 09:30 : Mingmeng GENG (Abourachid, Vialet, Belme)
- 09:30 – 10:00 : Léon HUET (Saitta, Vuilleumier)
- 10:00 – 10:30 : Ferdinand PETIT (Austerlitz, Pouyet)
Each candidate will present in 12 minutes maximum his/her curriculum, his/her skills and the research subject he/she chose in the form of a slideshow. This presentation will be followed by a scientific discussion of no more than 15 minutes with the members of the committee to assess the adequacy between the skills of the candidate and the chosen thesis subject.
Each candidate will prepare a maximum of 8 PDF slides, communicated to the Chair of the committee no later than 2 days before the hearing. These slides will contain information relating to:
- initial training and results obtained (1 slide),
- presentation of the master internship (1 to 5 slides),
- presentation of the thesis subject (1 to 2 slides)
- motivations for doctoral research,
- perspectives after the thesis.