Support research at the interfaces
To further our goal and to foster interdisciplinary research, ISCD is accepting proposals from the labs and units that are part of Sorbonne Université Alliance.
ISCD funding is aimed at advancing research that combines computing and/or data science expertise with domain expertise:
- to support the actions of ISCD’s incubated team projects
- to assist researchers who are interested in this theme to come together and form a junior team
- support incentive actions outside the research axes of current team projects
Faculty and researchers who are members of any institution within the Alliance Sorbonne Université and are holding a permanent position.
In order to be eligible, the projects must satisfy the following conditions:
- The project must meet the objectives of the call for proposals and fall within one of the fields identified in the call
- The consortium (or the PI’s) must combine faculties or researchers belonging to different disciplines and different units
- The project coordinator be a permanent researcher of a public body, a public institution of higher education, or a public health institute. He/she must spend at least 30% of his/her time on the project
- The application file must be duly completed and include the required documents, and comply with the submission procedures mentioned in section “Submit your proposal”
Proposals are peer reviewed and rated on the basis of scientific merit.
The referees are asked to assess the following items:
- Summary of the state of the art in the area of proposed research
- How does it push forward the cutting edge or fill in important gaps behind it?
- Detailed objectives with clear impact
- European and international scientific context: level of novelty in the multidisciplinary approach proposed?
- What expertise is lacking in the team that is required (or beneficial) to achieving the aims of the proposal?
- Relation to the mission of ISCD
Funds may be used for travel including transportation, living expenses (lodging, food), both for bringing international collaborator(s) to ISCD and for outbound faculty and researchers.
The funding may NOT be used for teaching or administrative salaries.
New applicants are encouraged to submit a draft of their application for review by the ISCD staff prior to their final submission.
Discover the ISCD's funding opportunities
Please note that this process does not concerne the PhD Call for Proposal. See the news for this specific call.
5 easy steps to submit a proposal:
- Stay informed about ISCD calls for proposal by checking for updates in the previous section of this page.
- When a call is advertised on the ISCD website, check if you are eligible to apply by doing the “Eligibility check” in the right-hand column of this page.
TIMELINE: WITHIN ONE MONTH OF THE ADVERTISEMENTForm: Intention to submit proposal
The proposal must be submitted within the deadline specified in the advertisement of the call, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your proposal is considered submitted only once you receive a message of confirmation of receipt.
Our email system accepts attachments up to 8 MB in size.
If you require any clarifications, please email email@example.com. Go through the proposal process or download documents needed to submit a proposal.
TIMELINE: TYPICALLY WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF THE ADVERTISEMENT.